Mexican-style prawn and avocado salad
(at time of publication)
- 24 prawns, peeled (tails intact)
- 1 cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, defrosted
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 medium green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 400g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon hot chilli sauce
- 1 lime, 1 ½ tablespoons juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Chargrill prawns, turning, for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
2 In a large bowl, place corn, lettuce, tomatoes, capsicums, beans, onion and avocado. Toss.
3 To make dressing, whisk chilli sauce, lime juice and garlic together in a small jug.
4 Top salad with prawns and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with coriander before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free chilli sauce.
Lime juice and coriander provide great flavour for almost no kilojoules. Add more, if you prefer.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us