Pork sausage and vegie traybake with basil pesto
- 1 sweet potato/ kumarasweet-potatoX, sliced lengthways
- 5 carrots, peeled, sliced lengthways
- 1 large red onion, cut into quarters
- 1 bulb garlic, sliced in half
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 200g lean pork sausages, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup store-bought basil pesto
- fresh basil leaves, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2 Place sweet potato, carrot, onion, garlic, chickpeas and sausages on prepared tray. Dollop with pesto, then bake for 20 minutes.
3 Change oven setting to grill and grill traybake for 5 minutes or until sausages and veg are golden brown. Divide among four serving plates and serve topped with fresh basil.
Make your own pesto by blending together a bunch of fresh basil leaves, pine nuts or walnuts & a good glug of olive oil until smooth.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 6.4g
Dietary fibre 16.4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like