Mince and mushroom loaves
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 175g pack San Remo Couscous with quinoa
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1-2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Mediterranean paste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup passata
- 10 petit peppersbell peppersX
- 6 cups broccoli florets, to serve
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat oven to190°C. Cook couscous according to packet instructions then leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl add mince, paste, egg, mushrooms and onion. Add cooled couscous and combine well.
- Use wet hands to form mix into 6 even-shaped mini loaves (or use mini loaf tins). Place in a lightly greased ovenproof dish. Place dish (or tins) in a larger baking pan. Add a little boiling water to the larger pan (this helps cook loaves evenly and keep them moist). Cook for 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a blender add passata and peppers and blitz. Transfer to a saucepan, combine sauce with 1/2 cup water and heat gently.
- Five minutes before serving, in a saucepan of boiling water cook broccoli for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Drizzle loaves with sauce and serve with broccoli and rice on the side.
These mini loaves can be made the day before and kept in a sealed container in the fridge.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us