Mince and mushroom loaves
- 175g pack San Remo Couscous with quinoa
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1-2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Mediterranean paste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup passata
- 10 petit peppersbell peppersX
- 6 cups broccoli florets, to serve
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
- Preheat oven to190°C. Cook couscous according to packet instructions then leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl add mince, paste, egg, mushrooms and onion. Add cooled couscous and combine well.
- Use wet hands to form mix into 6 even-shaped mini loaves (or use mini loaf tins). Place in a lightly greased ovenproof dish. Place dish (or tins) in a larger baking pan. Add a little boiling water to the larger pan (this helps cook loaves evenly and keep them moist). Cook for 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a blender add passata and peppers and blitz. Transfer to a saucepan, combine sauce with 1/2 cup water and heat gently.
- Five minutes before serving, in a saucepan of boiling water cook broccoli for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Drizzle loaves with sauce and serve with broccoli and rice on the side.
These mini loaves can be made the day before and kept in a sealed container in the fridge.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like