Mixed meat spicy saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 250g lean pork, thinly sliced
- spray oil
- 150g squid, cut in pieces
- 6 prawns (100g), shells removed but tails intact
- 2 sticks lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint
- Spicy dressing
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves with sliced Chinese or red cabbage and sliced carrot and cucumber
1 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray and pan-fry pork for a few minutes either side. Set aside. Plunge squid and prawns in separate bowls of boiling water for a few minutes. Remove. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl combine pork and seafood. Add lemongrass, onions and chilli. Toss to coat meat.
3 To make Spicy dressing, mix fish sauce, lime juice and sugar together. Add to salad leaves.
4 To assemble, lay salad leaves on a serving dish. Sprinkle with fresh mint. Add meat and seafood. Serve immediately.
To use lemongrass, first remove the tough outer layer by flattening the stalk with the flat side of a large knife, then finely slice the remaining stalk.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information