Muffin pan pizzas
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 200g reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ½ courgette, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated mozzarella
- 12 fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 12 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 bambini bocconcini, halved
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (optional), to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly spray a 12-hole (¹⁄³-cup capacity) muffin pan with oil.
2 Place flours and baking powder in a medium bowl, stirring to combine. Add yoghurt and oil, stirring until mixture comes together. Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead for 2 minutes. Roll out dough until 7mm thick. Using a 7cm-round cutter, cut 12 rounds from dough, re-rolling trimmings if needed. Line holes of prepared pan with dough rounds, pressing dough slightly up sides of pan holes.
3 Evenly spread pizza sauce over each dough round, then sprinkle with courgette and mozzarella. Top with a basil leaf, then tomato and bocconcini. Sprinkle with seasoning and bake for 15–20 minutes or until bases are golden and cheese is melted.
4 Stand pizzas in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold drizzled with pesto (if using) and garnished with extra basil leaves.
MAKE ME AHEAD! Cooked pizzas can be stored in the freezer for up to two months. Pop them into lunchboxes in the morning and they’ll have defrosted by lunchtime, ready to eat!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.4g
–Saturated fat 3.9g
Dietary fibre 1.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.