Nectarine and plum compote
- 2 nectarines
- 6 plums
- 225ml orange juice
- ¼–½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sugar apricot jamjellyX
- 2-3 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX
1 Remove stones then slice nectarines and plums. Place in a saucepan with orange juice, ginger and jam. Cook over a gentle heat until jam becomes liquid and fruit becomes soft and tender.
2 Mix cornflour with a little of the hot liquid to form a paste. Return to saucepan and stir until mixture is thickened. Serve.
Reduced-fat ice cream
Use peaches and apricots instead of nectarines and plums.
- Vary the compote thickness by adding less or more cornflour.
- Served with low-fat yoghurt, this compote is perfect for breakfast.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1g
saturated fat N/S
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like