One-pan curried couscous bowls
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup wholegrain couscous
- 1 ¾ cups vegetable stock, heated
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus
- oil spray
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, optional
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 600g frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- To serve
- low-fat natural yoghurt
- fresh coriandercilantroX or mint
1 Place couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over 1 cup hot stock. Cover and leave for 5 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
2 Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add onion, garlic, ginger and spices and cook for 3-4 minutes, adding a little oil spray if necessary. Stir in couscous to coat with spices. Add canned tomatoes and paste, then bring to a simmer.
3 Stir in vegetables with remaining stock. Cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring several times. Add chickpeas and heat through. Add a little water if the couscous begins to stick to the pan.
4 Serve in bowls topped with natural yoghurt and fresh herbs.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information