Open fish burgers with pesto slawReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 crumbed frozen fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 4 cups slaw (sliced cabbage and grated carrot)
- 1 lemon, zest, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixed with 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt
- 4 long wholegrain bread rolls
- 200g lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
1 Preheat oven and bake fish fillets following packet directions.
2 Combine basil pesto and yoghurt and mix well. Stir through the slaw.
3 Lightly toast rolls. In a bowl and add lemon zest to mayonnaise/yoghurt mix. Stir to combine. To assemble burgers, spread mayo mixture on each bun half, add lettuce, tomato and warm fish fillets. Garnish with fresh basil and lemon wedges if you prefer. Serve with pesto slaw.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information