Harissa prawn skewers with dill and apple coleslaw
- 24 large uncooked prawns, peeled and deveined, leaving tails intact
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- ¼ red cabbage, hard core removed, shredded
- ¼ green cabbage, hard core removed, shredded
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 red-skinned apples, cut in batons
- 2 green-skinned apples, cut in batons
- 2 tablespoons dill leaves
- ½ cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- lime wedges, to serve
1 Thread 3 prawns, asparagus and the onion onto 8 metal or bamboo skewers. Heat a char- grill or barbecue grill over high heat. Spray skewers with oil.
2 Whisk sweet chilli sauce and harissa paste in a small bowl until combined. Add skewers to grill; cook, brushing occasionally with harissa mixture, for 2 minutes each side, or until prawns change colour and vegetables are tender.
3 Meanwhile, combine cabbages, celery, apples and dill in a bowl. Whisk the yoghurt, lime juice, mustard and garlic in a jug. Add to the cabbage mixture; toss to combine. Season.
4 Spoon coleslaw onto serving plates. Top with prawn skewers. Serve with lime wedges.
Soak bamboo skewers for 10 min before using to stop them catching on fire on the BBQ
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.1g
–Saturated fat 0.9g
Dietary fibre 11.0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.