Thai-style chicken with pineapple rice
- 250g pouch microwavable wholegrain basmati rice
- 250g pouch microwavable long grain white rice
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen pea and corn sweetcornXand carrot mix, thawed
- 439g can pineapple chunks in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 2 cups shredded store-bought barbecued chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 fresh red chilli, sliced, to serve
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 26 x 30cm (2.5cm deep) baking dish with olive oil and place in oven to warm.
2 Heat rice according to packet instructions. Transfer rice to warmed baking dish. Add spring onions, vegetable mix, pineapple chunks, ¼ cup pineapple juice, chicken and soy sauce, mixing well to combine. Using the back of a spoon, create four indents into rice mixture, then crack an egg into each indent.
3 Transfer dish to oven and bake for 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve garnished with chilli slices and fresh coriander leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.8g
–Saturated fat 2.6g
Dietary fibre 6.1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like