Pan-fried pork with balsamic lentils
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- cooking oil spray
- 4 x 120g pork loin steaks
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lightly crushed fennel seeds (optional)
- 1/2 lemon, 1 teaspoon zest
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 200g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Place over a medium-high heat. Cook pork for 3-4 minutes each side or cooked to your liking. Remove, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
2 Lower heat to medium. Spray pan with more oil. Add onion to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add garlic, fennel seeds (if using) and lemon zest, stirring for 30 seconds. Add stock and lentils to pan and simmer for 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Stir through balsamic and pine nuts.
3 Divide lentils and spinach among serving plates and top with a pork steak. Serve with vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us