Grilled corn, smoky pork and tomato salad
Last updated date: 19 January 2023
- 320g medley tomatoes, halved (quartered if large)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus extra lime wedges to serve
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 500g lean pork fillet, trimmed of fat
- 2 corn sweetcornXcobs, husks and silks removed, quartered lengthways into long ‘ribs’
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 400g can no-added-salt black beans, rinsed, drained
- 120g baby rocketarugulaX
1 Preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat.
2 Place tomatoes, lime juice, oil, a third of the paprika and chilli flakes in a large bowl, mixing to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper and set aside to marinate.
3 Meanwhile, combine cumin with remaining paprika. Sprinkle spice mix evenly over pork. Lightly spray pork and corn with olive oil. Grill corn, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Set aside. Cook pork, turning occasionally, for 8–10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before thickly slicing.
4 Add capsicum, black beans, rocket and pork to tomatoes, gently tossing to combine. Top with grilled corn and serve salad with lime wedges on the side.
Instead of using a chargrill pan to cook the corn ‘ribs’ and pork fillet, you can barbecue them for extra flavour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1.9g
–Saturated fat 31.8g
Dietary fibre 13.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.