Pistachio and parsley-crusted lamb with quinoa salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup shelled, unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 x 200g lamb backstraps (see tips)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved, or 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 1 carrot, sliced into ribbons
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 2 heads baby cos lettuce, torn, or salad of your choice
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. In a food processor, place garlic, zest, pistachios and parsley and process until finely chopped.Place lamb on tray. Press pistachio mixture over top of lamb.
- Bake lamb for 10–12 minutes, for medium, or until the lamb is cooked to your liking. Remove, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 2 minutes to rest. Slice.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. Add tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, radish, mint, lettuce and quinoa. Toss gently. Serve lamb with quinoa salad.
Lamb backstraps are a lean cut that can be purchased from supermarkets and butchers, and are sometimes called lamb striploin or sirloin.