San choy bau with turkey mince
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- ¹⁄³ cup raw peanuts
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g turkey mince ground beefX(or use chicken mince)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 large courgettezucchiniX, grated
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamari or low-salt soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ bunch coriandercilantroX, finely chopped
- 12 large lettuce leaves (iceberg, cos or buttercup lettuce)
1 Boil kettle and pour water over noodles. Set aside for 5 minutes before draining.
2 Heat a wok or a large frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add peanuts and toss in pan for a few minutes, or until golden brown. Remove nuts from pan. Add mushrooms and a drizzle of olive oil to the pan and cook until browned. Add turkey mince, the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add courgette, water chestnuts, tamari, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Stir through chopped noodles and most of the coriander.
3 Remove from heat and spoon into lettuce cups. Scatter cups with remaining coriander, peanuts and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14.4g
–Saturated fat 2.7g
Dietary fibre 5.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like