San choy bau with turkey mince
Last updated date: 16 February 2022
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- ¹⁄³ cup raw peanuts
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g turkey mince ground beefX(or use chicken mince)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 large courgette, grated
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamari or low-salt soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ bunch coriandercilantroX, finely chopped
- 12 large lettuce leaves (iceberg, cos or buttercup lettuce)
1 Boil kettle and pour water over noodles. Set aside for 5 minutes before draining.
2 Heat a wok or a large frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add peanuts and toss in pan for a few minutes, or until golden brown. Remove nuts from pan. Add mushrooms and a drizzle of olive oil to the pan and cook until browned. Add turkey mince, the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add courgette, water chestnuts, tamari, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Stir through chopped noodles and most of the coriander.
3 Remove from heat and spoon into lettuce cups. Scatter cups with remaining coriander, peanuts and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14.4g
–Saturated fat 2.7g
Dietary fibre 5.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.