Spicy carrot soup
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 500g (about 3 medium sized) floury potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon hot curry powder
- 2 teaspoon reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- A few fresh coriandercilantroX sprigs and 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, to garnish
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic until softened.
2 Add all the remaining ingredients apart from the fresh coriander and pumpkin seeds. Season with ground black pepper and cover with 1 litre boiling water. Bring back up to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20–25 min until the veg are tender.
3 Remove the pan from the heat, then blend with a stick blender until smooth.
4 Divide the soup among 6 bowls, then sprinkle over the coriander, pumpkin seeds and some black pepper to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.9g
–Saturated fat 0.7g
Dietary fibre 4.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.