Pistachio and parsley-crusted lamb with quinoa salad
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon zest
- ¾ cup shelled, unsalted pistachios
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 x 200g lamb backstraps (see tips)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved, or 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ telegraph cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 1 carrot, sliced into ribbons
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh mint
- 2 heads baby cos lettuce, torn, or salad of your choice
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. In a food processor, place garlic, zest, pistachios and parsley and process until finely chopped.Place lamb on tray. Press pistachio mixture over top of lamb.
- Bake lamb for 10–12 minutes, for medium, or until the lamb is cooked to your liking. Remove, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 2 minutes to rest. Slice.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. Add tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, radish, mint, lettuce and quinoa. Toss gently. Serve lamb with quinoa salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
Lamb backstraps are a lean cut that can be purchased from supermarkets and butchers, and are sometimes called lamb striploin or sirloin.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us