Plum, meringue and pistachio trifles
- 6 fresh ripe plums, stonepitX removed, sliced in wedges
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 ½ cups reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 16 (35g) mini meringues, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped pistachios
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Place plum wedges cut side up in a large ovenproof baking dish. Combine maple syrup, orange juice, orange zest and mixed spice in a small jug. Drizzle plum wedges with syrup mixture.
2 Bake for 20–25 minutes until plums are soft and syrupy. Set fruit aside to cool for 20 minutes.
3 Layer plums, yoghurt and crushed meringue in 4 serving glasses. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts and serve immediately.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
- You can replace mini meringues with crushed amaretti biscuits if you prefer.
- Make it gluten free: Check mixed spice and Greek-style yoghurt are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.