Plum, meringue and pistachio trifles
(at time of publication)
- 6 fresh ripe plums, stonepitX removed, sliced in wedges
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 ½ cups reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 16 (35g) mini meringues, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped pistachios
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Place plum wedges cut side up in a large ovenproof baking dish. Combine maple syrup, orange juice, orange zest and mixed spice in a small jug. Drizzle plum wedges with syrup mixture.
2 Bake for 20–25 minutes until plums are soft and syrupy. Set fruit aside to cool for 20 minutes.
3 Layer plums, yoghurt and crushed meringue in 4 serving glasses. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts and serve immediately.
- You can replace mini meringues with crushed amaretti biscuits if you prefer.
- Make it gluten free: Check mixed spice and Greek-style yoghurt are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us