Roasted carrot and caramelised onion galette
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus extra to brush
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 12 baby carrots, trimmed, scrubbed, halved lengthways
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 sheet reduced-fat puff pastry
- 1 egg, whisked
- ²⁄³ cup reduced-fat ricotta
- 50g Danish feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs
- rocketarugulaX and spinach leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts, chopped, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine maple syrup, 2 teaspoons olive oil and thyme in a large bowl. Add carrots, tossing to coat. Arrange carrots in a single layer on prepared tray, then bake for 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
2 Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add balsamic vinegar and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until caramelised. Set pan aside.
3 Place pastry sheet on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Score a 1.5cm border around edge of pastry. Inside border, prick pastry all over with a fork. Brush pastry border with egg, then bake galette for 15 minutes or until edges are golden and centre is golden.
4 Meanwhile, place ricotta, feta and herbs in a food processor and process until smooth. Spread ricotta mixture over pastry (inside border). Top with caramelised onions and carrots. Brush carrots with extra maple syrup, then bake galette for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Place rocket and spinach in a bowl and drizzle with extra balsamic. Scatter hazelnuts over galette, then serve with salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.3g
–Saturated fat 3.8g
Dietary fibre 7.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information