Portuguese chicken tenderloins on warm roasted vegetable salad
(at time of publication)
- 400g chicken tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons Portuguese chicken seasoning
- 6 cups chopped roasting vegetables (such as pumpkin, parsnip, kumarasweet-potatoX, peppersbell peppersX, potato), chopped in small pieces
- oil spray
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 4 cups salad greens
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds or pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 Mix tenderloins with 2 tablespoons Portuguese seasoning. Set aside.
2 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place vegetables in a plastic bag, spray with a little oil then add the remaining Portugese seasoning. Toss to combine then tip into a lightly oiled roasting dish. Roast until cooked.
3 Spray a heavy-based pan with oil and cook chicken over high heat until cooked. Add orange zest, orange juice and honey. Cook for 1-2 more minutes to heat through.
4 Arrange salad greens on 4 plates. Top with roasted vegetables and chicken. Pour liquid over top, sprinkle with almonds then serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us