Prawn and pumpkin laksa
Time to make: 30 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX with roots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100g bottled laksa paste
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut in 2cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 lime, juiced
- 200g rice noodles
- 20 medium prawns, peeled, deveined, or frozen prawns
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced, to serve (optional)
- lime wedges, to serve
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 10g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Wash coriander. Cut roots and stalk from coriander and finely chop. Remove leaves and place in a bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
2 Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over a medium heat. Add onions and coriander root. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in laksa paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add coconut milk and water. Bring to the boil.
3 Add pumpkin. Return to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender. Stir in sugar and lime juice.
4 Meanwhile, place noodles in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and stand for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Divide noodles among 4 bowls.
5 Add prawns to soup. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through. Ladle soup over noodles. Top with coriander leaves and chilli (if using). Serve with lime.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us