Prawn and pumpkin laksa
- 1 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX with roots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100g bottled laksa paste
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 4 ½ cups water
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut in 2cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 lime, juiced
- 200g rice noodles
- 20 medium prawns, peeled, deveined, or frozen prawns
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced, to serve (optional)
- lime wedges, to serve
1 Wash coriander. Cut roots and stalk from coriander and finely chop. Remove leaves and place in a bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
2 Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over a medium heat. Add onions and coriander root. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in laksa paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add coconut milk and water. Bring to the boil.
3 Add pumpkin. Return to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender. Stir in sugar and lime juice.
4 Meanwhile, place noodles in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and stand for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Divide noodles among 4 bowls.
5 Add prawns to soup. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through. Ladle soup over noodles. Top with coriander leaves and chilli (if using). Serve with lime.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 10g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.