Prawn, corn and cauliflower chowder
(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (300g) Agria potatoes, scrubbed and finely diced
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, thawed
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 150g prawns, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- ½ cup skim milk
- black pepper, to garnish
- dollop of light sour cream or low-fat plain yoghurt (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic chives, to garnish
- In a pot, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft (about 5 minutes). Add potato and cauliflower and stir to combine, then add stock and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, covered, until potato is soft. Add corn, paprika and prawns. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes more, until prawns are cooked through. Add milk and stir through. Remove from heat.
- Pour half of the soup out into a bowl. Blend remaining soup using a stick blender, until smooth. Add other half of soup back in. Re-heat if necessary.
- Serve garnished with black pepper, chives, and a dollop of light sour cream or yoghurt, if using.
Make it gluten free: Check stock, paprika and light sour cream are gluten free.
This soup can easily be halved to make a quick dinner for one.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $116. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.