Prawns with green olives, lemon, pine nuts and watercress
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g waxy potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm-thick rounds
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1/2 cup pitted Sicilian green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons extra
- 1 tablespoon plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 500g raw prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact (defrosted if frozen)
- 3 cups watercress leaves or baby rocketarugulaX
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water, place potatoes. Cover and steam for 12 minutes, or until tender, adding green beans for last 2–3 minutes of cooking time. Drain. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine olives, lemon juice, parsley and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large zip-lock bag, combine flour, chilli flakes and zest. Add prawns, seal bag and toss to coat in flour mixture.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat extra oil over high. Add prawns and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- In a salad bowl, place watercress, potatoes, beans and half of the olive mixture. Toss to combine.
- To serve, divide salad among 4 plates. Top with prawns, drizzle with remaining olive mixture and sprinkle with pine nuts.
Cutting dairy out of your diet for health reasons or because you’re vegan doesn’t have to be a chore. Healthy Food Guide has an extensive collection of healthy dairy-free recipes to make the transition easy and delicious. Having type 2 diabetes, or pre-diabetes, doesn't mean you can't enjoy amazing food! Here are hundreds of healthy and delicious type-2 diabetes-friendly recipes. Browse hundreds of recipes with a gluten-free option. Easy and healthy gluten free meals, delicious cakes and desserts. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Improve your energy levels and resistance with a balanced, iron rich diet. Our huge collection of healthy, iron-boosting recipes are as tasty as they are easy to make. Browse hundreds of high-protein recipes. Boost your protein intake with our delicious and healthy meal ideas. Browse hundreds of low-kilojoule recipes. Delicious low-kilojoule/calorie meal and snack ideas.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten- free flour.
Author: Chrissy Freer -
Photographer: Mark O'Meara
First published: Apr 20182018-03-25 12:10:42
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited