Prawns with green olives, lemon, pine nuts and watercress
(at time of publication)
- 500g waxy potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm-thick rounds
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- ½ cup pitted Sicilian green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons extra
- 1 tablespoon plain flourall purpose flourX
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons zest of lemon
- 500g raw prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact (defrosted if frozen)
- 3 cups watercress leaves or baby rocketarugulaX
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water, place potatoes. Cover and steam for 12 minutes, or until tender, adding green beans for last 2–3 minutes of cooking time. Drain. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine olives, lemon juice, parsley and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large zip-lock bag, combine flour, chilli flakes and zest. Add prawns, seal bag and toss to coat in flour mixture.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat extra oil over high. Add prawns and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- In a salad bowl, place watercress, potatoes, beans and half of the olive mixture. Toss to combine.
- To serve, divide salad among 4 plates. Top with prawns, drizzle with remaining olive mixture and sprinkle with pine nuts.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten- free flour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.