Quick Thai green pork curry
- 500g lean pork fillet, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 200ml light coconut milk
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 300g peeled pumpkin, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, halved
- 225g can bamboo slices, drained
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
1 Lightly spray a large wok or saucepan with olive oil. Stir-fry pork for 2–3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
2 Return same wok to medium heat and lightly spray with oil. Stir-fry the shallots for about 1–2 minutes, or until softened. Add the curry paste and kaffir lime; stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
3 Add the pumpkin and simmer, covered, for 3–4 minutes, or until pumpkin is almost tender. Add capsicum, snow peas, bamboo, and return pork to wok. Simmer for a further 2–3 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender. Serve the curry with steamed rice and sprinkled with basil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.1g
–Saturated fat 4.1g
Dietary fibre 10.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information