Mustard and chilli pork Waldorf salad
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste
- 600g pork fillets
- ¼ red cabbage, core removed, shredded
- ¼ savoy cabbage, core removed, shredded
- 3 baby cucumbers thickly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 nashi pears (or others), sliced
- 100g red grapes, halved
- ¹⁄³ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¹⁄³ cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon nigella or black sesame seeds
- 1 fresh long green chilli, sliced
1 Combine the mustard and chilli paste in a large shallow dish. Add the pork and turn to coat. Spray pork with oil. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 3 minutes each side, or until browned.
2 Reduce the heat to medium and cook the pork, covered, turning occasionally, for a further 5 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat. Rest for 5 minutes. Slice.
3 Meanwhile, arrange the cabbages, cucumber, celery, nashi, grapes and walnuts on large serving platter. Arrange pork over salad on platter and drizzle with any pan juices.
4 Drizzle salad dressing over salad. Sprinkle with the nigella seeds and chilli to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20.9g
–Saturated fat 2.5g
Dietary fibre 8.0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information