Roasted capsicum hummus
(at time of publication)
- 1 red capsicum, sprayed with oil and roasted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- pinch salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To serve
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 2 flavoured wraps, such as spinach
- 1 cup celery sticks
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, cut into sticks
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 Place the hummus ingredients in a blender. Whizz until hummus is mixed but still has some texture. Add a little water if it’s too stiff; season to taste. Chill before serving.
2 Serve topped with fresh coriander alongside wraps, vege sticks and tomatoes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps and check tahini and chipotle sauce are gluten free.
- This dip keeps well in the fridge for two days.
- Re-taste dip just before serving as flavours can alter while chilling.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us