Salmon and avocado salad with chargrilled corn
(at time of publication)
- 3 cobs corn, husk and silk removed
- cooking spray oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 flour tortillas
- 415g can pink salmon in spring water, drained, skin and bones removed, flake
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ medium avocado, de stonepitXd and cut into 1cm pieces
- ½ cup basil leaves, shredded
- juice of 2 limes (⅓ cup)
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 red birdseye chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Preheat a chargrill or barbecue grill on medium. Spray corn all over with cooking oil. Sprinkle with cumin. Grill, turning occasionally, for about 6-7 minutes, or until brown and tender. Remove from heat. Use a small, sharp knife to cut corn kernels from cob and set aside.
2 Spray tortillas with cooking oil. Grill for 1 minute each side, or until toasted. Remove from heat. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly, then tear into 2cm pieces.
3 Combine the corn, salmon, capsicum, avocado and basil in a large bowl.
4 Whisk together the lime juice, spring onion, chilli (if using) and garlic in a small bowl. Taste and season with pepper.
5 Drizzle dressing over salad and gently toss to combine. Add tortillas and gently toss. Spoon salad among serving bowls and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20.4g
–Saturated fat 3.9g
Dietary fibre 5.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.