Salmon and garden greens self-crusting quiche
(at time of publication)
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup trim milk
- ¼ cup dried instant polenta or fine semolinacream of wheatX
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cups diced green vegetables such as green beans, courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, celery
- 1 cup mixed peas and corn
- ¼ cup combined chopped fresh dill and fresh chives
- 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon zest
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 100g hot smoked salmon or 1 small can red salmon in spring water, drained
1 Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C if fan-forced.
2 Line a 20cm spring-form baking tin with baking paper.
3 In a large bowl beat together eggs, milk and polenta.
4 Stir through the remaining ingredients and pour into prepared tin.
5 Bake for 30-40 minutes until puffed and golden. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us