Chickpea and tuna salad
- 1 cup frozen edamame, podded
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 200g mixed tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 4 Qukes/baby cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in chilli oil, drained
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 small grainy rolls, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place edamame in a small saucepan. Pour over boiling water, then cook over high heat for 3–4 minutes or until cooked through. Drain. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2 Add chickpeas, tomato, spinach, onion, cucumber, tuna, lemon zest and juice to bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper, gently tossing to combine.
3 Divide chickpea and tuna salad among four serving bowls. Serve with grainy rolls on the side.
Don’t like raw onion? Use finely sliced spring onions instead. Or swap them for sliced yellow capsicum to boost vibrancy and your vegie count.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7.8g
–Saturated fat 1.6g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.