Salmon and potato salad
Time to make: 30 mins , plus 1 hr marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g salmon fillet, pin bones removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1kg waxy potatoes, scrubbed
- 250g green beans, topped, tailed
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain unsweetened low-fat yoghurt
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Cut salmon in 3-4 pieces and place in a sturdy plastic bag. Add the next four ingredients, massage the bag to mix and coat fish evenly. Squeeze as much air as possible from the bag then place the sealed bag in fridge and leave to marinate for about an hour.
2 Preheat oven to 200°C. Arrange salmon skin-side down on a tinfoil-lined tray and drizzle with any of the remaining marinade and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool a little.
3 Cut potatoes in 2-3cm cubes. Boil gently in a large pot of lightly salted water for about 12-15 minutes until just tender then add beans and cook for about 5 more minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water then return to pot and add vinegar. Toss to combine.
4 To make dressing, combine all ingredients (except pepper and salt) in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5 Add tomatoes to potato mixture then add three-quarters of the salmon (skin removed) broken in bite-sized chunks. Pour in dressing and stir gently to combine. Transfer salad to serving bowls or a platter and flake the remaining salmon over the top. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until required.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise and yoghurt are gluten free.