Pork banh mi tacos
- 3 large carrots
- 500g extra-lean pork mince
- 1 lemongrass stem, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped, plus extra sliced chilli to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra leaves to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus extra leaves to serve
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 x 26g soft tacos, warmed
- 1 cos lettuce, shredded
- 150g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, mashed
1 Peel and finely grate 1 carrot. Combine with the mince, chilli, coriander and mint in a large bowl. Roll scant tablespoons of the mixture into meatballs.
2 Combine vinegar, sugar and pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Add the onion, stir to combine. Pickle for 10 minutes. Drain.
3 Heat a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 8 minutes.
4 Peel remaining carrots into ribbons. Fill tacos with lettuce, snow peas, carrot, meatballs and some pickled onion. Top with a dollop of avocado and sprinkle with extra herbs and chilli.
When shopping, look for extra-lean pork mince with 5% or less fat.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.1g
–Saturated fat 4.5g
Dietary fibre 10.4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information