Simple Asian slaw
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups finely shredded red and green cabbage
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons minced or finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar (such as sushi vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons crushed or shaved palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 In a bowl combine vegetables with ginger.
2 To make dressing, whisk together vinegar, sugar and sesame oil, mixing until sugar has dissolved. Pour dressing over slaw little by little until it is amalgamated.
3 Sprinkle coriander and sesame seeds over slaw and toss gently.
Humble vege star: Cabbage
Try savoy cabbage when in season as its sweetness and crinkled leaves are a perfect contrast to the brightly coloured red cabbage.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.