Spicy cabbageReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons flavoured oil such as chilli oil
- small piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin*
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 6 cups shredded red or green cabbage
- ¼ cup salt-reduced vegetable stock*
- 4 tablespoons sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Heat oil in a non-stick pan for a few minutes. Add ginger and cumin. Cook for a few minutes. Add spring onions and cook for a few minutes until softened.
2 Add cabbage. Stir to combine. Add stock and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sultanas and walnuts. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Serve as part of our Easy entertaining: Fuss-free dining dinner party menu for six, which also includes a complete shopping list and step-by-step timeline.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information