Chicken, corn and avocado salad
- 500g new potatoes, scrubbed
- Oil spray
- 400g skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 200g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 100g rocketarugulaX
- 1 medium avocado, cut into chunks
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 250g punnet tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan, coarsely grated
- For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ciderhard ciderX vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- ½ teaspoon castor sugar
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Put the potatoes in a large pan, cover with water and boil for 12–15 min until tender. Drain, allow to cool slightly, then cut in half.
2 Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and set over a high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3–4 min until cooked. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
3 In a large bowl, gently mix together the sweetcorn, rocket, avocado, spring onions, tomatoes, parmesan and halved potatoes.
4 Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jug. Divide the salad among 4 serving bowls, then top with the chicken and drizzle over the dressing. Season with ground black pepper, if you like, then serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.9g
–Saturated fat 4.3g
Dietary fibre 4.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.