Spicy chicken tacos with slaw and avocado dressing
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1kg skinless chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- ½ (450g) red cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- cracked black pepper
- 16 small corn sweetcornXtortillas, warmed, to serve
- In a large glass or ceramic dish, combine spices, chilli flakes, olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2–3 hours.
- Preheat barbecue or large chargrill pan to medium-high. Grill chicken for 3–4 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Place on a large plate, loosely cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cabbage, carrot, coriander and red onion. In a small bowl, mix avocado, yoghurt and remaining lime juice until smooth. Season with cracked black pepper.
- To serve, fill tortillas with chicken, slaw and avocado dressing and divide among 8 plates.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Check spices and tortillas are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us