Summer greens with tahini sauce
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed (or 4 cups broccoli florets)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup green beans (use flat beans if available), trimmed
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut into wedges
- 2 baby cos lettuces, cut into wedges (optional)
- ½ cup shelled edamame beans, steamed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt-or sugar smooth peanut butter
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¹/³ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 3 anchovies, mashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh herb leaves (eg, mint, parsley, sage, basil. See tips)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Spray a large chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate with olive oil and heat to medium. Cook vegetables in batches for 1-2 minutes, until lightly charred and tender. Cook lettuce for 20-30 seconds each side (see tips).
2 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tahini, peanut butter, garlic, lemon juice, yoghurt and anchovies. Thin with water as needed.
3 In a small non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium. Fry herb leaves in batches for 10-15 seconds, or until lightly crisp. Drain on paper towels.
4 Arrange vegetables on a serving platter. Drizzle with tahini sauce and scatter with crispy herb leaves, to serve.
Make it gluten free: Check tahini is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Omit anchovies or substitute with seaweed flakes. Use coconut yoghurt.
Pat herbs dry with a paper towel if wet.
If you prefer, you can steam or roast any of the broccolini, asparagus or beans and just chargrill the cos.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us