Summer greens with tahini sauce
(at time of publication)
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed (or 4 cups broccoli florets)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup green beans (use flat beans if available), trimmed
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut into wedges
- 2 baby cos lettuces, cut into wedges (optional)
- ½ cup shelled edamame beans, steamed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt-or sugar smooth peanut butter
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¹/³ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 3 anchovies, mashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh herb leaves (eg, mint, parsley, sage, basil. See tips)
1 Spray a large chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate with olive oil and heat to medium. Cook vegetables in batches for 1-2 minutes, until lightly charred and tender. Cook lettuce for 20-30 seconds each side (see tips).
2 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tahini, peanut butter, garlic, lemon juice, yoghurt and anchovies. Thin with water as needed.
3 In a small non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium. Fry herb leaves in batches for 10-15 seconds, or until lightly crisp. Drain on paper towels.
4 Arrange vegetables on a serving platter. Drizzle with tahini sauce and scatter with crispy herb leaves, to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it gluten free: Check tahini is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Omit anchovies or substitute with seaweed flakes. Use coconut yoghurt.
Pat herbs dry with a paper towel if wet.
If you prefer, you can steam or roast any of the broccolini, asparagus or beans and just chargrill the cos.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us