Sunday roast vegetable salad
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup 2cm cubed butternut
- ½ cup 2cm cubed kumarasweet-potatoX
- ½ cup 2cm cubed eggplantaubergineX
- ⅔ cup 2cm cubed courgette
- ½ small red onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 cup washed, torn silver beet
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons dukkah (or za’atar) (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley (see variation)
- 30g feta, crumbled
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil, mixed together
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a roasting dish with baking paper. Add first five vegetables and roast for 30 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
2 Place cooled roast vegetables in a salad bowl. Add silver beet. Scatter with the quinoa, pumpkin seeds and dukkah. Add the fresh herbs and feta.
3 Whisk vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard together. Blend in the oil to emulsify, and pour over salad. Toss twice to combine.
- You can use any fresh mixed herbs that you like instead of parsley.
- For a non-vegetarian option, use fewer roast veges and add some leftover roast lamb, beef or chicken.
- Make it gluten free: Check dukkah and mustard are gluten free.
- Dukkah is available at some main supermarkets, or try speciality stores.
- Note: Cost per serve is less if using leftovers.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 30g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.