Tangy chicken drumsticks
(at time of publication)
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 4 tablespoons tomato chutney
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 1 ½ cups liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced marinated peppersbell peppersX or peppadews
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups tomato, basil and cucumber salad
1 Trim drumsticks of visible fat. Make several deep slashes in the fleshy end of each stick. Place in a non-metallic bowl. In a separate small bowl mix marinade ingredients together. Coat drumsticks. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
2 When ready to cook, place drumsticks on a heated barbecue or under a grill and cook for 10-15 minutes until evenly cooked.
3 To prepare couscous, place in a large bowl. Bring chicken stock to the boil in a small pan and pour over couscous. Cover with a lid and leave for 5 minutes.
4 Fluff up couscous with a fork. Add remaining couscous ingredients and stir through. Garnish chicken with mint and serve with couscous and salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free steak sauce, tomato chutney and stock. Use rice instead of couscous.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us