Quinoa-crumbed chicken sliders
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 4 small chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- ¹⁄³ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 seeded bread rolls, split
- 1 baby mignonette lettuce (or baby gem lettuce), leaves separated
- 30g alfalfa
- 20g pea shoots
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin rings
- gherkins, halved, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Whisk together egg whites in a shallow bowl. Combine quinoa and fennel in another shallow bowl. Working with one fillet at a time, dip chicken in egg white, then quinoa mixture to coat. Place on prepared tray and lightly spray with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Season.
2 Combine mayonnaise, dill and mustard in a bowl. Season.
3 Top each roll base evenly with lettuce leaves, alfalfa, pea shoots, onion, crumbed chicken and dill mayonnaise. Sandwich with roll tops and serve sliders with gherkins on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.3g
–Saturated fat 2.4g
Dietary fibre 5.8g
Last updated date: 19 July 2021
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information