Tasty chicken pie
(at time of publication)
- 350g cooked lean roasted chicken, diced
- 2 cooked carrots, diced
- 1 ½ cups peas
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, coriandercilantroX
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free chicken gravy
- 1 teaspoon garlic purée (optional)
- 800g mashed potato
- olive spray oil
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place chicken in a large ovenproof dish with carrots and peas. Sprinkle over 3 tablespoons herbs.
2 Combine gravy with 1/2 cup boiling water. Mix to blend well. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Toss to coat evenly.
3 Mix garlic purée (if using) with mashed potato. Use to cover chicken. Spray evenly with oil and bake for 30 minutes or until potato is lightly golden. Sprinkle with the remaining herbs to serve and season with black pepper, if preferred.
Old favourite: Roast chicken (per serve)
Ingredients: chicken, gravy, potatoes, vegetables
Total energy 3260kJ
Total fat 48g (17g saturated fat)
New favourite: Tasty chicken pie (per serve)
Total energy 1640kJ
Total fat 12g (4g saturated fat)
Why it's better
- Cheaper – save $11.40
- Make ahead
- Skin removed reduces total and saturated fat, and kilojoules
- Takes less time – save 75 minutes
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.