Tasty vege curry
(at time of publication)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste*
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 x 420g cans chopped tomatoes*
- 250g green beans, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 ½ cups cooked jasmine rice
- 400g low-fat plain yoghurt (optional)*
1 Spray a saucepan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant.
2 Add lentils, tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Add beans. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
3 Just before serving, stir in two-thirds of the coriander. Serve curry over rice, topped with yoghurt (if using) and remaining coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us