Tasty vege curry
(at time of publication)
- cooking spray oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste*
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 x 420g cans chopped tomatoes*
- 250g green beans, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 ½ cups cooked jasmine rice
- 400g low-fat plain yoghurt (optional)*
1 Spray a saucepan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant.
2 Add lentils, tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Add beans. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
3 Just before serving, stir in two-thirds of the coriander. Serve curry over rice, topped with yoghurt (if using) and remaining coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.