Chicken chasseur traybake
- 400g white potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat table spread
- 2½ tablespoons reduced-fat milk
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, halved
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 150g shortcut bacon, fat trimmed, diced
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes with garlic and basil
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 400g punnet mixed mini tomatoes, larger ones halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme sprigs, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan. Add spread and milk and mash until smooth. Cover with lid to keep warm.
2 Meanwhile, heat a flameproof baking dish over medium-high heat. Lightly spray chicken with oil, then sprinkle with paprika. Add chicken to dish and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
3 Add bacon and mushroom to dish and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until mushroom is softened. Return chicken to dish, then add canned tomatoes and spinach, stirring to combine. Top with fresh tomatoes.
4 Lightly spray top with olive oil then bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve with mashed potato.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.3g
–Saturated fat 3.7g
Dietary fibre 9.7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.