Thai noodle salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 125g rice vermicelli noodles
- 150g bean sprouts
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chopped salad vegetables such as carrots, spring onion, red capsicums, tomatoes, cucumber
- 2 little gem lettuces, leaves separated, roughly torn
- oil spray
- 500g lean pork mince
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Place noodles and bean sprouts in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain and cool under running water. Drain once again and return to bowl.
2 Mix lime zest and lime juice, soy sauce and sugar together and add to noodles and sprouts. Toss to coat evenly. Add red onion, salad vegetables and lettuce.
3 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray and stir-fry pork mince until evenly browned. Add grated ginger, garlic and chilli powder and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring from time to time. Mix into the noodles. Spoon into bowls and serve warm topped with fresh coriander and extra lime wedges if you prefer.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.