Courgette penne pasta with ricotta and parmesan
- 240g wholewheat penne
- 4 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced diagonally
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 200g extra-light ricotta
- 4 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan-style vegetarian cheese
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- bag of rocketarugulaX, to serve
1 Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain, reserving 4 tablespoons of the cooking water.
2 Meanwhile, put a large griddle pan over a high heat. When hot, add the courgettes and onion and cook for 2–3 min on each side until just tender. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
3 Put a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Heat the ricotta and garlic for 1 min or until the ricotta melts. Stir in the pasta, courgette, onion and enough of the reserved pasta water to loosen the mixture. Take off the heat and stir through the cheese. Spoon into bowls, season with black pepper, then scatter over the basil and serve with the rocket.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6.7g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 13.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.