Thai noodle salad
- 125g rice vermicelli noodles
- 150g bean sprouts
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chopped salad vegetables such as carrots, spring onion, red capsicums, tomatoes, cucumber
- 2 little gem lettuces, leaves separated, roughly torn
- oil spray
- 500g lean pork mince
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 Place noodles and bean sprouts in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain and cool under running water. Drain once again and return to bowl.
2 Mix lime zest and lime juice, soy sauce and sugar together and add to noodles and sprouts. Toss to coat evenly. Add red onion, salad vegetables and lettuce.
3 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray and stir-fry pork mince until evenly browned. Add grated ginger, garlic and chilli powder and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring from time to time. Mix into the noodles. Spoon into bowls and serve warm topped with fresh coriander and extra lime wedges if you prefer.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us