Two-cheese and broccoli pasta bake
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 300g penne pasta
- 4 cups broccoli
- oil spray
- 1 red onion, diced
- 400g can chopped no-added-salt tomatoes with basil
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup capsicums, from a jar, drained, roughly chopped
- 100g feta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated edam cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook pasta following packet directions adding broccoli 3 minutes before finished cooking. Drain, set aside. Remove broccoli and roughly chop.
2 Heat oil in a heavy-based pan. Add onion and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, purée, water, capsicums, pasta and broccoli. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3 Pour into an ovenproof dish and top with feta and edam cheeses.
4 Bake for 20 minutes until cheese has melted and pasta bake is bubbling hot.
5 Top with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Frozen capsicums can also be used.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check tomatoes and tomato purée are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us