Lemony chicken and mushroom pasta
- 200g pasta spirals
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra, to serve
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, sliced
- 250g shredded leftover roast chicken
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup grated parmesan, to serve, optional
- chilli flakes, to serve, optional
1 Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to the packet directions, or until al dente. Drain, keep warm.
2 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Sauté onion for 2–3 minutes, or until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook, for 3–4 minutes, until golden. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds.
3 Add asparagus and broccolini and stir-fry for 3–4 minutes. Add the chicken and lemon zest and toss to combine. Squeeze over lemon juice and season pasta well with cracked black pepper.
4 Divide the pasta between four serving bowls. Top with parmesan and chilli flakes, if using, and then drizzle with olive oil. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15.1g
–Saturated fat 3.8g
Dietary fibre 6g
This recipe calls for leftover roast chicken but any cooked chicken will do.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us