Rice and bean stuffed capsicums
- spray oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium courgette, diced
- 1½ teaspoon Mexican or Cajun seasoning
- 250g pack ready-to-heat rice
- 400g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheese, grated
- 2 red capsicums, halved lengthways and deseeded
- 2 green capsicums, halved lengthways and deseeded
1 Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook the onion and courgette, stirring occasionally, for 5 min or until soft. Stir in the Mexican or Cajun seasoning, then remove from the heat. Add the rice, beans, tomatoes, coriander and half the cheese. Mix well.
3 Put the capsicums cut-side up in the prepared baking tray and fill with the rice mixture. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and spray with oil, then bake for 20–25 min until the capsicums are tender and the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6.7g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 9.4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information